Milica Subotic, Partner, Subotić & Jevtić Attorneys at Law
Milica, with 15 years of experience in corporative and commercial law consulting, has significant expertise in field of finance planning and PPP projecting. In addition, for the last 10 years, she has been recognized by independent legal lists, as one of the leading Serbian attorneys in the field of Competition Law. Multiplex practice, made her highly skillful and capable of leading clients throughout labyrinth of complex law issues, which arise from their business activities. For the last ten years she is Belgrade Bar Association Member, ranked as band 1/tier 1 attorney in Bars and Legal 500 in the field of competition law. Also, in Legal 500 and IFRL in the areas of commercial corporate law and M&A. She is a Member of Working group 6 of National Convention on the European Union for negotiating chapter 8, Competition Policy and chairperson of Legal Committee of Foreign Investors Council of Serbia for 5 years. Member of the working group of the National Competitiveness Council of the Republic of Serbia and member of GIZ Legal Reform Project in Serbia.
• Facultcy of Law, University of Belgrade (LL.B., 2000),
• Centre for Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Studies, University of Bologna, European Regional Master Degree, (LL.M., 2005)
• Subotić & Jevtić Attorneys at Law from April 2017.
• Partner at Janković, Popović & Mitić Law Office, 2008 – March 2017
• Senior Associate at Janković, Popović & Mitić Law Office, 2006 – 2008
• The Regional Environmental Center Serbia, October 2005
• Law Office Valentina M. Tadić, Belgrade, January 2003 – January 2004
• Pro Credit Bank a.d., Belgrade (Legal Adviser), May 2012- December 2002
• First Municipal Court in Belgrade (Court Trainee), April 2001 - April 2002
• Member of legal team lead by Eversheds Sutherland advising Veolia Central Europe & Eastern Zone in connection with ongoing PPP project of the City of Belgrade for provision of services of Rehabilitation, Treatment and Disposal of Residual Solid Waste (Project Vinca)(PPP – DBFOM model);
• Advising Baltic Property Investments Limited, Irish holding company, major shareholder of 5 agriculture companies operating in Vojvodina in proceedings related to the “return” of the cooperative land;
• Advising Agrana Beteiligungs-AG in the process of potential acquisition of Serbian agriculture company;
• Advising UBS in relation to the providing banking, financial, investment services, financial derivative transactions, discretionary asset management, placing of financial structured products, marketing, solicitation and prospecting of activities in Serbia;
• Drafting of FIC White Book chapters related to Infrastructure (which includes rail, road, water, air and intermodal transport), Competition Law/State Aid and Public Procurement;
• Advising Danube Foods Group BV in connection of sale of their subsidiary companies in Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia.
• Advising and representing Microsoft Corporation, Basf d.o.o., Messer Group, Atlantic Grupa, Caisse des Depots et Consignations, Veolia Environnement SA, Syngenta group, Danube Foods Group BV, Novo Nordisk d.o.o., Bayer d.o.o., Bora Kečić a.d., and many other companies in the different proceedings before Serbian competition authority;
• Advising the lenders in connection with the acquisition of the SBB/Telemach Group, leading pay-tv and broadband operator in Southeast Europe from Mid Europa Partners;
• Advising KBC Group in connection with the sale of their 100% ownership of KBC Banka a.d. to Telenor Serbia and the sale of KBC Banka a.d credit portfolio to Societe General Bank a.d.
• Member of legal team lead by Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in advising of
• Holcim Group in the process of restructuring their business in Serbia;
• Advising the lenders in connection with the senior debt financing for the acquisition of Droga Kolinska d.d. by Atlantic Grupa d.d. The financing package included mezzanine financing provided by the EBRD;
• Advising Danube Foods Group BV on matters related to its business in Montenegro, including advising on financing agreements as well as drafting and managing of several security documents, including mortgage agreements, pledge agreements and the share pledge agreements;
• Advising Hypo Alpe-Adria-Bank International AG in the process of restructuring their business in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro;
• Advising Holcim (Srbija) d.o.o., now CRH on various commercial issued related to Serbian law, in particular on competition law issues;
• member of team led by law firm Norton Rose advising Messer Group GmbH in connection with refinancing of its existing financing. The refinancing included entering into a new senior facility agreement as well as a new notes purchase agreement;
• Advising Efes Beverage Group N.V. in a CEE merger of businesses with Heineken, in relation to the Serbian market;
• Advising .A.S.A. International Environmental Services GmbH in relation to projects regarding waste management in few Serbian municipalities, including entrustment of communal activities to Strategic Partner in respect to collection, transport and disposal of waste to the regional landfill for solid communal waste, selection and placement of secondary raw materials, as well as continuation of construction and management of regional landfill and the selection center;